I created a free Body Beast nutrition tracker for those of you following the program.
I found a lot of terrible ones online that were just far too complicated. Despite being a tech geek, I really like tracking my workouts and food intake on paper – so I designed a paper-based tracker to do just that.
You can download it here – it’s in PDF format. All I ask is that if you want to re-publish the tracker on your own site, please share it without modifications and give credit where credit it due. Karma’s a bitch, man.
UPDATE: Beachbody Coach Tony Pounds modified this to be a fillable form; check out his version here:
Here’s how it works:
- Fill in your current Body Beast phase (Build, Bulk, Beast), the date, and your calorie target at the top of the sheet.
- Under each food category, fill in your target number of servings inside the parentheses.This reminds you how many servings of this food category you’re targeting for the day.
- As you eat, fill in the chart. I plan my meals out for the day so I pre-fill in all of the information. This also helps me ensure that my planned meals give me sufficient nutrition for the day and I’m not cheating my body.
- There are a few blank lines to the right of the tracker boxes to write notes about what you ate.
- At the end of the day, total up the serving counts from breakfast, lunch, dinner and “other” in the “Total” field.
- (Optional) Multiply the serving count of each food by its approximate caloric value in the box and write the total calorie value for that food category below.
- (Optional) Add up all of the approximate calories for the day and enter that value in the “Daily Total” box.
I’ve been toying with this template for a while and this is about as simple as I can get it.
As to why I chose to start the tracker with Saturday – this is a purely psychological trick. Most people will start tracking on Monday, but when Saturday rolls around they “forget” to keep tracking and they start falling off the wagon by the following Monday. If you consider that your weeks start on Saturday then you maintain momentum by not seeing the weekend as a break from the rest of the week, but rather as a launching pad to whip the rest of your week into shape. Trust me – it works.
I’d love to know what you think about my tracker – please leave me a comment or send me an email. If you choose to use the tracker on your own site, pop me an email and I’ll add your site to the list on the right!
Thanks peeps. Beast up!
Enter your email below to get FREE copies of my two most popular books - The Wellness Rebel Manifesto and 5K in 8 Weeks - as a thanks for stopping by.